martedì 17 gennaio 2012

ANCHOR

Anchor is a vegan sxe band coming from Sweden / Norway. After 2 great 7" they have released their first LP "the quiet dance" in 2008. I had the chance to see them live, playing an angry moshin'hardcore. What I really like of Anchor are of course the lyrics and the message that they share with their music. Let's have  a (very) little talk with them after that their last LP "Recovery" came out.

Could you please introduce your band?

Anchor is five indivuals spread all across Sweden/Norway. We have;  been a band since early 2007, released a whole bunch of records and toured a bit. All of the members of the band are vegan and straight edge.

I'm listening right now your new LP "Recovery"; I really like it a lot for both music and lyrics. Are you satisfied with this work? What do you expect from it?

Thanks alot for the kind words. Glad you dig it! I actually haven't listened to the record in quite a while so I don't know exactly how I feel about it. I enjoy playing the songs live though. Should be a good sign, I guess! I'm hoping this record will bring us everywhere on this planet.

I think that everyone looks at Sweden or nordic countries as a kind of "paradise". But how is the political and social situation there?

We hear that alot. It's been changing alot over the years though, especially the last couple of years. I realize when I say it's been changing what I mean is we're moving more towards where most western countries already are at. It's depressing.

why have you called one of your last songs Hemingway?

Because Ernest Hemingway ended up committing suicide during a writer's block. That song is about being emo so we figured it was a cool title.

What do you think about religion in hardcore? Do you think it'll be something reconciliable with the idea of revolution and refusal of the original concept?

Religion is about power and control. Two things of which there is enough in this world and hardcore needs to be an alternative to all of that.

do you usually watch tv? what do you think about all the media in general and about the message that they are trying to transmit?

I rarely watch tv. It's all about bullshit I can do without, like American idol and So you think you can dance. I've got better things to do.

During these days here in Italy there are some riots and massive demonstrations against the TAV  (high speed /rail network capacity) line Turin-Lyon; what's your idea about this new infrastructures and about the idea of progress in general? useless or usefull?

I feel like I'd need to know way more about the entire project to have an opinion.

what are the most important differences between "The quiet dance" and "Recovery"?

More than anything I'd say the main dirrerence is three years of touring. Another important factor is that I played drums on our previous recordings, I'm now one of the guitarists. In addition to that we also got Ulf into the band. I've always admired his riffmaking so I'm absolutely stoked to have him be my wingman.

Are you happy with your lastest productions and labels?

Yes. It's a privilege to have people you admire like your band enough to wanna invest time  and money into promoting it. We're thankful!

top 5 records of your life? (hard question)!

Very tough question! Top 50 would've been ok. Anyway...
Refused - Songs to fan the flames of discontent, Embrace - S/T, Earth crisis - Gomorrah's season ends, Texas is the reason - Do you know who you are and Snapcase - Progression through unlearning are some of my all-time favourite records.

straight edge isn't cool anymore...isn't it?

It ebbs and flows. Action and reaction. We see alot of X's on hands on tour though so it seems like we're far from the only ones not giving a shit about what's cool then.

what do you wanna add to this interview?

Be nice.

you can get in touch with the band visiting:
http://xanchorx.bandcamp.com/
or writing to: xanchorx@hotmail.com

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento